Join Sekarang!!!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Just a litlle joke about communication skills

An advices about communication skills :
  1. We should repeat ourselves three times if we feel that the other party may have problems making sense of what saying.
  2. We should speak with clarity, word by word.
  3. We should use words that are understood by our audience.
Let me share with you a story I once read about what would happen if and when we failed to exercise the above advice.

Caller : Hello, can I speak to Annie Wan?

Operator : Yes, you can speak to me.

Caller : No, I want to speak to Annie Wan!

Operator : Yes, I understand you want to speak to anyone. You can speak to me. Who is this?

Caller : I'm Sam Wan. And I need to talk to Annie Wan! It's urgent.

Operator : I know you are someone, and you want to talk  to anyone! But what's this urgent matter about?

Caller : Well...just tell my sister Annie Wan that our brother Noe Wan was involved in an accident. Noe Wan got injured, and now Noe wan is being sent to the hospital. Right now, Avery Wan is on the way to the hospital.

Operator : Look, if no one was injured and no one was sent to the hospital, then the accident isn't an urgent matter! You may find this hilarious, but I don't have time for this!

Caller : You are so rude! Who are you?

Operator : I'm Saw Ree.

Caller : Yes! You should be sorry. Now give me your name!!

Operator : That's what I said. I'm Saw Ree...

Caller : Oh..God!!!

A hint for you : three steps, and you are all good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment